*Your driver will sleep on the van with the pets or if available will take them into a pet friendly hotel. No one is left alone on a vehicle.
*Driver will wait an extra 12 hours for your arrival in a pet friendly motel if needed. If over 12 hours at delivery you will need
to make alternate arrangements for the pets.
Social Media pet transportation
Main office is located on the East Coast
Mathews, VA 23109,
Hours Of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 9 am - 5 pm,
Sat: 9 am - 12 pm
1. Get them acclimated to a crate. All USDA licensed pet transporters are required to have the pets ride in a crate. This is for the safety and well being of your pet. This also keeps the pets from bolting out of the vehicle when the doors are open.
2. Leash training. Dogs are walked at least four times a day. A pet transporters worst nightmare is a dog that tries to pull out of its collar. Remember, your pets don't know us. They know you are stressed and we show up to take them away from their humans. The first 24 hours your pet is with us, this is what we know as the flight risk time. It's a time when your pet is getting to know us. Keeping your pet calm is essential for all involved.
3. Health Certificates: These are required for all pets traveling on our vehicles or via air. This is to ensure all pets are not sharing anything more than a ride. All airlines require this certificate. YES, it is mandatory for our company as well.
4. Food for the trip: It is preferred that food be bagged in single servings for dogs.
5. Bedding for the crate: Crate pads are preferable. But you can send a shirt, towel, or small blanket that smells of you and home. Water is kept in your pet's crate 24/7 and water may get spilled onto the blankets, bed mats, bedding. Sometimes a pet may have an accident. We always clean a soiled pet, but sometimes the bedding must be thrown away. Please don't send Grandma's favorite heirlooms! We can't replace irreplaceable heirlooms!
6. Collars, harnesses, and leashes. Every dog has to have a collar or harness. You know your dog better than we do. If you feel your dog may try to do a runner then provide a harness. We don't want a dog backing out of a collar or harness because its too loose. Please tighten the collar/harness to two fingers. NO, choker collars or prong collars.
7. Identification Tags: Your name, dog's name and (current or new) phone number. If your cat is used to wearing a collar then also provide a tag. Cats are not walked, nor do we allow cats unfamiliar with us out of their crates. Our crates are large enough they have space for their food and their bedding at the same time. We take the food out and replace it with the litter box a few times a day/night.
8. Medicines: Only send meds that are current and need to be given while on the trip in the original prescription bottle/container from the vet clearly labelled with the pets name, your name and the dosing instructions. Do not send meds in zip-lock baggies, they will not be accepted!!
9. Things NOT TO SEND: This is especially true for the shared ride trips. Crates, jumbo beds, old medicine, extra food bags, boxes of toys.
Space is a premium on the vehicles. The empty crates you see are typically booked out to other families. There is enough space for the crate your pet is riding in and small carry on bag for food, one toy and a bed to go in the crate. Remember your driver needs space to put their stuff for the trip also.
Shared rides are the more economical means of getting your pets to their new home. We give a two - three day window spread as close to the requested dates as possible, based on availability. We have a set number of available crates per trip. All trips are booked on a first come basis. Reservations are required for all pet transports and you can expect the following:
*Your pets will be picked up during the window spread given. If we cannot meet your dates exactly we can pickup from or deliver to family, friends, or boarding facilities.
* Your pets will have the use of an appropriate size USDA certified, sanitized travel crate.
* We will give your pets bottled water.
* We will supply your cat with a litter tray.
* We will walk your dog at least 4 times a day. More if needed.
*Your driver will sleep on the van with your pets or take them into a pet friendly motel. No one will be left alone in a vehicle overnight.
*No need to purchase a kennel.